Thursday 4 July 2013

But wait, there’s more…. …. IT’S A NEW PLAN


We met with the surgeon and, unexpectedly, the oncologist today. At the oncologist’s behest the surgery is back on again, as we thought would be the case. So in actual fact we do not have a new plan, just the old one reinstated, but if I wrote that it would make for a lesser headline (and it would remind me of the current state of politics in this country. Face it people, tony rabbit does not have a plan, at least not one that he is being honest about. As for k rudd, if I wanted a nut reinstated then he is not the one I personally would choose… Oh, and the lack of capitalization of the names of the people who inhabit the house on the hill in our capital was not an oversight on my part. I can’t believe people voted for any of these clowns- on either side, but don’t get me started).
I am glad that surgery is going ahead as it will give me a degree of peace of mind for the future. The surgery will not happen until mid-August, partially for scheduling reasons and partially to give me the time to get into the best shape that I can. That means that we have about four weeks free between now and the pre-operative scan/appointments that will start on the 30th of July, so we are going to take the opportunity to go home to Tasmania for a while. It will be a wonderful thing to be home, albeit briefly, after 139 days away (but who’s counting).

We also saw the dietician, who was very happy with my progress, especially when I told her what I had been eating over the last couple of weeks whilst we have been staying at Robyn’s Mum’s place then at My Mum’s place. If a mother can’t fatten someone up who can? I put the last couple of kilos I have put on down to recent helpings of bread and butter pudding with double cream, oh, and I think the custard may have helped too, not to mention Maggie Beer’s icecream. In fact I think it was the custard that finally got me back to the 74kg I was at before treatment, which is great because my clothes fit me again, but If I hang around here much longer I am going to have to give Jenny Craig a call (aka Custard Guts R Us), looks like there will be no more prescription pizza for me. On the other hand, the dietician did say that it is not a bad idea to be carrying an extra couple of kilo’s going into the surgery, mmm more custard then… The dietician thinks that I am going so well that they do not want to see me again unless I start losing weight… I can’t see that there is any great risk of that happening. Mmmm, food.


THE FUZZ IS IN TOWN!
Sorry, no, not these guys (they obviously have thier hands full already):
And I'm not talking about this type of fuzz either, but check your fridge, I'm sure you have some lurking in there somewhere:
 The fuzz I am referring to is this:
 Yep that’s right, we have hair growth again, more specifically, I have whiskers on my chinny chin chin and also some sparse growth on my heady head head. Actually, if I am completely honest, the stuff on my chin is more like bum fluff, and my top lip looks more like it needs a good wash rather than a shave. .. Maybe I am going through puberty again, Robyn will be ecstatic… Ha!
Cheers, Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment