Thursday 13 June 2013

A change of scenery.

Hi all,
Not much to report at this stage. I have an appointment with my haematologist tomorrow to make sure everything is on track, from my point of view things are going pretty well. My energy levels are still very low and it seems to me that I am taking longer to recover than what I have done in the past, on some days I get very tired without doing very much at all. Given that the treatment I had was much more aggressive than what I have had in the past I probably shouldn't be surprised that my recovery is taking a little longer.
I also see the nutritionist, who should be at last be happy with me as I have managed to put on some weight this week for the first time in ages inspite of the fact that my nutritional requirements continue to be very high. I am now less than 10kg down on my pre-treatment weight and continue to eat my way through a small mountain of food each day!
After this week we  at last have a bit of a break from hospitals and appointments so we plan to take advantage of that by getting out of town for a couple of weeks. We are going to stay with Robyns Mum for about two weeks, she lives on a lovely few acres a couple of hours outside Melbourne, so it will be great to enjoy the space, the fresh air and the peace and quiet. We will then move to my Mums place for the lead up to the operation, for the operation itself and during my recovery in hospital Robyn will probably move back into the apartment as it is nice and close to the hospital. I am not sure when we will be able to go home to Tasmania as it depends on how quickly I recover from the the operation and how many post surgery checkups I need, at this stage I am guessing that it will be late July or early August, I am certainly looking forward to getting home, whenever that may be.
Cheers, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment