Sunday 24 February 2013

Treatment, first couple of days

Start of first chemo cycle
I re-entered Peter MacCallum's ward 9 on Friday 22/2/2013 to be greeted by many of the old faces I have have come to admire so much, the staff here are great, it's not just what they do but the way that they do it that matters. Plenty of old memories are coming back too.
My current chemo regime consists of drugs that I have had previously (paclitaxol and ifosfamide) so I am well aware of the side effects to be aware of, and so far things are going as expected. I need to be vigilante because the amount of chemo I have had in the past can make things a bit more challenging this time around, and if we can get on top of the side effects quickly then that will be great for my general wellbeing as well as putting me in good stead for the more intensive treatment that is to come.
So far so good.
Cheers, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment