Friday 12 April 2013

All good news

I am well and truly on the path to getting home early next week, my white blood cells are nearly doubling each day and my neutrophils are coming up nicely too. What that means for me is that I have my little soldiers running around in my body again, killing off the nasties and making me feel much better. I'm still on lots of medications too, and will be for a while, but my own body will be running the show soon and the meds will be the backup. The improvements in my immume system are already paying dividends:
  • I haven't spiked a temperature for over 48 hours now.
  • my bowels are settling a bit at last.
  • my appetite has improved (although nausea is still a bit of a problem). 
  • In comparison to how I felt just a few days ago I feel like I could take on Everest without oxygen... it's all relative.
  • The Docs spend less time looking like this:
     
  • And more time looking like this:
     
I had a more platelet transfusions today without an issues, both my platelets, and to a lesser extent, redblood cells might need support in the form of transfusions for a while yet.
Cheers, Pete.



No comments:

Post a Comment