Saturday 6 April 2013

But wait there's more!

It's a new graaaaaaaaph!!! (wild cheer)
This graph shows what my key blood counts have been doing over the last few days. What you can see is pretty much in line with the expected reaction to high dose chemo. In the next few days we hope to see a the graph start to swing back up the other way as the stem cells start to work, although the platelets and haemoglobin may lag behind.

Today I thought I might make a long winded post about the condition of my bowels, but if I did someone might tell me to blow it out my ass, and there is way to much of that happening already... Suffice to say that neither my stomach or my bowels are happy at the moment, I'm not having much success getting food in or keeping it in long enough for it to do much good. Anyone visiting the Fitzroy gardens today is advised to watch their step, my breakfast is probably still on the ground in there somewhere as I doubt anything will touch what I threw up, dogs were running away yelping, flies dropped dead in mid flight. Throwing up in the gardens on a spectacular autumn day under a shower of golden leaves is incongruous to say the least.
The problems with my bowels/tummy are another expected side effect of the type of chemo I am having, the hope is that they sort themselves out within a few days.
I still remain infection free so even though things are not much fun at the moment, they are going to plan.
Sorry if I grossed anyone out today (ha, not really!).







1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete,
    Going to the Blue Mountains tomorrow. I'll keep tabs on you through Robyn. Keep up the spirits and the good work of all your little whatever they are.
    Much love.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete