Friday 15 March 2013

Day 3 of second chemo cycle

Ding ding, 6pm and all is well, I'm pretty tired now, but that's to be expected at this stage, all the other possible complications are well under control.
I just started my last bag of Ifosfamide for this cycle, yay, another step down the road.
And that's how I climb this mountain of crap, 'one step at a time', it might be a dumb cliche overused by overpaid meathead sports people facing petty problems, but for me it works. There are probably a couple of reasons for that. Firstly, the whole treatment program is just to big to chew, let alone swallow; and it's just too unknowable, there are too many possibilities on the table, if I gave each possibility it's due I wouldn't have the time to deal with what needs to be dealt with right now. And managing the here and now, the daily issues that cancer and chemo throw up, really matters. If I lose control of those daily issues then something small can easily blow out of control and start affecting the next step of the process... and so on. So one step at a time it is.
The next step is to get through the rough patch that occurs after the chemo for the next week and a bit, and then we will start preparing for the high dose chemo.
Cheers, Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment