Tuesday 12 March 2013

Treatment update

Chemo started again late yesterday after the four day delay caused by the permacath issues. So that makes this day 1 of the 14 day cycle. The drugs I am being given are exactly the same as for the first cycle, paclitaxel on day one, then ifosfamide for the next three days, neither of which you would want to spill on your lawn, or a concrete driveway for that matter! I am also given a bunch of other drugs to control the immediate side effects from the chemo drugs, they seemed to do the trick last time, so fingers crossed. Robyn also has her toes crossed, she can do that now that she has got here freaky new gorilla shoes (see pic), I reckon she doesn't walk through the park anymore, now she just swings through the trees! All being well I should be out of here on Saturday morning.

I am also off all antibiotics now as the temperature spikes have settled down and no source of infection was ever found even after lots of testing, the thinking now is that the temperature spikes were just part of my bodies response to the blood clot. The other symptoms from the blood clot have also settled down, my neck is much less stiff puffy or sore, I put it down to my skill in giving myself the twice daily injections.
So all in all I am feeling quite well, and ready to get through the ups and downs of this cycle of chemo.
Thank you all for your continued support and best wishes!
Cheers, Pete.


No comments:

Post a Comment