Monday 25 March 2013

Everything in place

Had the meeting with the psychologist today, I thought it was going well until the poor guy ran blubbering from the room. I don't think it's the first career I've ruined since all this started... The truth is that it went well, it helped me prepare for what's coming, and I have another good person on my already amazing team.

The other news from today is that my blood counts have recovered very strongly over the last couple of days. That means I will be admitted for the first cycle of high dose chemo on Thursday. It will certainly be different way to spend Easter, but the sooner we start the better, maybe they can give me an Easter egg intravenously.
I spent new years eve in hospital back in 2008, I was on the ninth floor of the hospital that night with an unobstructed view over the yarra and parklands, so I had a prime seat for the fireworks.

I'm feeling a little apprehensive about what is to come, but I really would be nuts if I didn't. I know it is going to be hard but I couldn't be in a better position to deal with it. There are several reasons for that, firstly my recovery from the last cycle of chemo has been excellent and I am feeling good physically; secondly, we have been doing this on and of for a long time now and we have built up a lot practical and emotional skills to deal with it all; thirdly, I have a first rate, highly experienced and committed medical team behind me; fourthly; I have great support from family and friends. And I have Robyn, how could I ask for more?
Cheers, Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment