Monday 18 March 2013

The big Movement

Feeling reasonable again today, much like yesterday, no new problems so I can't complain.
We moved apartments yesterday, going from a 1st floor apartment to one on the ground floor directly below where we were. That's ideal as it means I don't have to worry about the potential problems of  getting up and down stairs latter on in the treatment when the legs get a bit wobbly. We are here for the rest of my treatment, however long that turns out to be.
The place is turning out to be just about ideal, located in a nice leafy area, I am currently sitting in the very pleasant dappled light of a sunny Melbourne autumn afternoon, shadow and light dancing around the room as I write, two counterpoints that can only exist with reference to each other. If I have to be away from Tassie then I must admit that there are a lot of  places way worse than Melbourne in autumn. We are only a 15 minute walk away from the hospital, and most of that is through the park, other services/facilities/public transport are also within close walking distance. The owners/staff here are friendly and very helpful, I think they might have accommodated plenty of Peter Mac patients over the years. Given that we had no idea where we were going to stay when we arrived in Melbourne, things have worked out nicely. Once again, no small thanks goes to Peter mac's social work dept for their help.
If I had to complain (and I don't- but I will anyway just for the hell of it), it is a tad noisy around here. That's probably just due to the fact that we have got used to the quite of Tassie, after having learnt to ignore Tassie's combo of dualing chainsaws and dualing bangos... and people squealing like a pig (I've seen Deliverance -shiver-)... ahhh we love it, it's got character! The real truth about Tassie is that virtually everyone down there has been fantastic to us from day one. Particularly our wonderful neighbours.
For those who saw the upstairs apartment, the downstairs one is similar but with a much more substantial kitchen. More importantly, it has a much more substantial fridge... with a freezer that has plenty of room for icecream. We know what matters.
Cheers, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment