Friday 8 March 2013

Stem Cell Collection

I'm pleased to say that I had a call after Thursdays session on the Apheresis machine (aka the fisher & paykel on spin cycle) advising that we have now collected about 11.8 million stem cells. That number is right at the top end of the range that we needed so it is a great result for the three days. I put the success down to Nurse Robyn's fine skills in delivering the two nightly injections (with a smile...), sadly for her I don't need any more jabs for a couple of weeks.
The stem cells will be put on ice until I need them during the high dose chemo phase of my treatment. At least that's what I have been told, I still think a few might be sent to an evil lab to breed mutant clones for the coming zombie apocalypse. Remember to tell people that you heard about it here first next time a zombie that looks a little like me is trying to beat down your door and eat your brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment